|Job Ref:||37570||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.|
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidates.
Learn more @ NA
UTRC Ireland is currently seeking candidates for a Senior Research Scientist role in the area of Control Systems, based in its Control and Decision Support group. The Control and Decision Support group supports UTRC Ireland's mission by developing and transitioning algorithms and techniques in analysis, estimation, optimization and control of systems of relevance to United Technologies Corporation (UTC), and by bringing innovative, emerging, and disruptive technologies in control and related areas into UTC.
Successful candidates should demonstrate an outstanding track record in two or more of the following areas: control systems analysis and design, optimal control, system identification and optimization. In their role, they will interact with United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units to provide technical expertise in existing programs, contribute towards business development through Irish and European grant acquisition, and contribute to the definition of technical strategy. The candidate will be part of a diverse, multinational team focused on innovation, working closely with other team member in multi-disciplinary projects and partnering with academic institutions, government agencies or national labs to further technological capabilities for UTRC in control systems.
MA/MS degree in Control Systems, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience.
Ph.D. degree in Control Systems, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience.
• Expert knowledge in at least two from linear or nonlinear control systems design, optimal control or optimization, system identification or adaptive control but other areas in control will be considered
• Record of technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences in control and applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• Demonstrated ability to write proposals and win external funding/contracts/grants.
• Proven success in innovative strategic and technical thinking, willingness to champion and investigate new technical ideas, and their application to real-world problems.
• Excellent communication skills, innovative strategic and technical thinker, high energy and team player.
• Willingness to go beyond the original field of expertise.
• Expert knowledge in at least two software packages: MATLAB/Simulink, Dymola, Optimization Software (e.g. Ipopt, CPLEX, AMPL) with desired knowledge of C/C++, and Python.
• Experience in industrial, aerospace or building control applications
• Familiarity with rapid prototyping methodologies, and verification & validation techniques including Model-, Software- and Hardware-In-The-Loop (MiL, SiL, HiL) testing.
• Familiarity with signal processing, probability theory and statistics.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can also apply online at: NA by selecting the "Careers", then "Job Postings (International)", and then "UTRCI Research Scientist, Control Systems"
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.