|Job Ref:||37569||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.|
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidates.
Learn more @ NA
UTRCI has an opening for a Senior Research Scientist in the area of Computer Vision and Video Analytics. Successful candidates should demonstrate outstanding track records in 3 or more of the following fields: object detection and tracking, object recognition, scene recognition, human action / activity / event recognition, content-based indexing and a strong knowledge of machine learning methodologies.
In addition to the technical contribution, the candidate is expected to interact with United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units to provide technical expertise in existing programs, contribute towards business development through Irish and European grant acquisition, and contribute to the definition of technical strategy.
The candidate must be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary, multinational team environment focused on innovation and must be able to partner with academic institutions (government agencies, and national labs) to further UTRC capabilities in computer vision.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to:
• Responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project.
• Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others.
• Develop and execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide timely, accurate reports and presentations to senior management and functional teams.
• Contribute concepts to technology roadmaps in areas related to computer vision and visual surveillance, helping expand the portfolio of technology maturation projects.
• Contribute to the development of integrated solutions for UTC business units, focusing on creative solutions in computer vision and video surveillance problems.
• Contribute to business development through Irish and European grant acquisition and contribute to the setting of strategic technical agenda.
MA/MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience.
Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• Demonstrated ability to write proposals and win external funding/contracts/grants.
• Record of technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences in computer vision.
• Proven success in innovative strategic and technical thinking, willingness to champion and investigate new technical ideas, and their application to real-world problems.
• Excellent communication skills, innovative strategic and technical thinker, high energy and team player.
• Willingness to go beyond the original field of expertise.
• Software skills: C/C++, MATLAB, OpenCV and Python.
• Familiarity with video-based forensic analysis, including machine-based reasoning and chain of evidence management.
• Experience in Embedded Computer Vision.
• Experience with CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP, DirectX and OpenGL.
• Experience with Deep Learning techniques and tools and their application in Computer Vision.
• Expertise in pattern recognition and machine learning techniques: unsupervised and supervised learning, stochastic optimization dimensionality reduction, feature selection, etc.
• Familiarity with data fusion of different modalities.
• Signal processing.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can also apply online at: NA by selecting the "Careers", then "Job Postings (International)", and then "UTRCI Research Scientist, Computer Vision and Visual Surveillance"
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.