|Job Ref:||Drainage||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West England||Address:||Salary:||£ 30,000 - £ 35,000 per year, Full Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:18|
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join an established, successful and exciting contractor who are looking for an experienced Drainage Engineer. Who is motivated, great work ethic, focused and flexible around the Greater Manchester area. The role will include working as a senior designer on drainage schemes in the North West of England.|
They are a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client
Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Chartered (or near Chartered) Civil Engineer with five to ten years drainage experience on a variety of highway and development projects to work within the Buildings and Infrastructure Unit. The candidate will report directly to the NW Head of Water in the Manchester Altrincham office. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. The focus of the role is Drainage Engineering. As a Drainage Engineer the key elements of the role include:
* Preparation of drainage scheme designs
* Hydraulic modelling of drainage systems and overland flows
* Negotiation and preparation of drainage consent applications
* Appraisal and design of flood alleviation schemes
* Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments
* Design development using BiM Technology
We are looking for an energetic and innovative candidate with experience of Water Engineering to join the growing North West Water Team out of our Manchester Altrincham office. The successful candidate will have the ability to:
* Work on the preparation of drainage designs utilising Windes, Microdrainage and Civil 3D
* Experience of work with the Environmental Agency, local authorities and Statutory Undertakers.
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams across a wide variety of construction sectors
* Communicate professionally, effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
* Develop their own technical skills to stay up to date with innovative methods
* Contribute to the water teams management and professional activities
* Be a proactive team member reporting to the Head of the BNI NW Water Team and the BNI Water practice leadership.
* Annual Bonus
* Share Scheme
* Life Insurance
* Competitive Salary
If you're looking to take the next -step in your career as a Drainage Engineer and to join an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today Daryl Richardson on NA or email
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Drainage//Engineer/Assessments/Planning Applications/Surface Water Management/Plans/Design/AutoCAD/Micro drainage/setting out/site engineer