|Job Ref:||R0008277||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 22:01|
HSE Advisor (Nights)|
London (Beckton and site based across the London Underground)
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. And as we continue to grow our business, we need more talent to join us in making our cities better connected.
Following THALES’ successful partnership with London Underground (LUL), modernising London’s Underground signalling infrastructure on the Jubilee and Northern Lines (JNUP), we have secured the £800million Four Lines Modernisation Progamme (4LM).
THALES is delivering an Automatic Train Control (ATC) system for four of London Underground’s Sub Surface Rail (SSR) lines: District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City. The programme has a five year duration and is a comprehensive solution including management, design, development, manufacturing, supply, delivery, construction, installation, integration, testing, commissioning and migration.
We are currently recruiting for a HSE Advisor to join our Health & Safety team, supporting the 4LM project and the wider Ground Transportation business.
The successful HSE Advisor will work Nights (10pm – 6am or 23pm – 7am) and will provide comprehensive, HSE project or functional support; working closely with both project teams and the client, contributing to the overall HSE strategy and initiatives.
This is a shift based position, providing HSE on site, working across the London Underground network, and from our site office in Beckton.
Duties & responsibilities
- Providing HSE support and co-ordination within the HSE Team and Project Managers.
- Conducting HSE on site checks and assessments on the 4LM project
- Ensuring compliance to HSE statutory and regulatory requirements
- Conducting subcontractor site safety checks
- Providing support to the management team when conducting Accident and Incident investigations.
- Represent the wider division at Supervisors Forums
- Review the projects HSE management systems, processes and documentation on the project to ensure that it remains suitable and sufficient. E.g. HSE plans, risk assessments, method statements, permits to work, Task briefings, Safety alerts, work instructions.
- Generate on site HSE inspection reports for the project management team and HSE Team.
- Carry out HSE project audits.
- Support the Thales Safety Leadership Programme & Behavioural Based Safety activities.
- Support the HSE Manager and Project Director in enhancing the Safety Culture on Projects
Skills & attributes
- Good knowledge of CDM, safety management systems and environmental requirements.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- NVQ / NEBOSH Level 3
- Internal audit and Accident investigation experience
- Full UK Driving License is essential
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail and to produce accurate reports.
- Ability to work and produce required information within tight timescales.
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft word, PowerPoint and excel applications.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- The ability to demonstrate pro-active engagement with all levels within projects to drive and promote leadership and behavioural change
- An understanding of the railway and construction industry terminology and acronyms
- External Audit qualification
To play a key role in a worldwide organisation, click the apply button now.