Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Direct and be responsible for all the Health, Safety and Environmental matters of the Department and ensure they are in compliance with QP's Corporate and Directorate Procedures, Departmental Guidelines and QMS Certification Requirements.
- Provides oversight and ensures that all Projects executed by department are incompliance with respective Project and regulator's HSE Requirements.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor degree (NA.) graduate in Engineering and shall have OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Lead Auditor valid certification or OH&S and EMS Lead Auditor IRCA (or equivalent) registered or qualifications; post-graduation in multi Discipline Engineering is preferable.
- Membership of a recognised Chartered or other Professional Institution is preferable.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in HSE Management functions, relevant design safety aspects, Environment management and exposure on construction safety for offshore oil & gas projects (from project initiation to concept engineering, FEED, detailed engineering or EPIC phase).
- 5 years in Corporate HSE Functions or senior position in Engineering HSE functions for projects in well-reputed Oil & Gas Operator or EPIC contractors.
- Familiarity with HSE and Environmental regulatory regimes, international safety engineering codes and standards.
- Experience in development of project HSE related plans, philosophies and specifications.
- Relevant skills in HSE Studies, Environmental assessments, Project HSE Risk Registers.
- Exposure to Accident or Incident investigation, review, and learning from HSE incidents that occur within projects and business activities and ensure implementation and close-out of preventive and corrective actions.
- Experienced as auditor in key and critical HSE compliance audits, inspections, and reviews within the Departments and Contractors; develop and maintain consolidated records, registers, Lessons Learnt Registers, Root Cause Analysis etc. At department level, and drive implementation and closeout of audits and inspection findings and recommendations.
- Extensive leadership skills to motivate and organise Project HSE teams and contractors HSE teams to achieve a high performance level.
- Proficiency level in the use of the English language (both written and spoken) should be high and should be in position to prepare and present periodic reports on HSE and Environment.
- Work experience in the Arabian Gulf Countries is desirable.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.