Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Installation and Service Technician, Sensomatic, you would:
- Install, service, troubleshoot, repair, and perform maintenance on Tyco Integrated Security retail products and equipment at customer sites.
- Keep track of your service calls via computer, including closing out calls once the customer is satisfied.
- Maintain a parts inventory.
- Teach customers how to use their Tyco Integrated Security equipment properly.
- Keep your manager in the loop about your customer's satisfaction, any potential sales opportunities or any recurring problems.
- Use a computer to receive and prioritize work orders, with supervision from your manager when necessary.
- Take care of other tasks as needed.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D.
- 2 years of technical school training or military training.
- 2 to 4 years of electrical and/or mechanical experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of an oscilloscope.
- Experience reading blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Mechanical aptitude and be able to use hand and power tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Control’s we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
- A valid driver's license and safe driving skills.
- Enough agility to be able to stand, squat, kneel, bend, crawl, climb, sit, climb a ladder and lift 30 - 50 lbs (occasionally overhead).
- A clean background including references and drug screen
- Proof of identity and legal ability to work in the United States.