The Project planner/scheduler is tasked with schedule management. This position will monitor and report to the Project Manager on project schedule performance through review and analysis of details schedule reporting.|
- Study project constructability and contribute to the development of working scheduled for estimating, prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrate the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Prepare and issue proposal and preliminary schedule
- Prior to project start, study contract document, create in coordination with project team the project schedule for construction reflecting the project WBS and detailing the logic sequence of all activities to be performed.
- Incorporate resource and/or cost loading data into scheduled as required
- Proactive in soliciting all necessary input from stakeholders in preparation of schedule
- Submit the schedule to the owner/consultant for approval as the project baseline.
Project Execution and Monitoring Stage:
- Update project schedule on a timely manner. Identify and record delays and gaps in comparison to the project baseline.
- Revise baseline schedule whenever required to include approved EWOs / COs and evaluate their impacts.
- Assist Project Managers in creating short-term schedule in accordance with the project baseline.
- Interface with construction, owners, and subcontractors to discuss causes of schedule delays and propose corrective actions.
- Provide information and assist in contract administration correspondences
- Proactive in reporting schedule discrepancies or project schedule issues to project stakeholders
- Identify scheduling software training needs among employees and provide training when necessary; remain current on the advancements in scheduling software.
- Provides estimating and project management back-up as required.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor/manager
- Develop and write reports, business correspondence
- Regularlytravel to job site
Dependent on project size and type:
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Post secondary school education or similar experience in Construction Scheduling
- Computer literate
- Full proficiency computer scheduling programs (i.e. Primavera P6, Microsoft Project)
- Able to prepare a compile a schedule for E-P-C work with direction of key stakeholders from estimating/operations
- Able to properly resource-load a schedule with input from estimating/operations
- Able to compile multiple schedules provided by individual estimators into 1 integrated schedule
- Able to interpret customer scheduling standards/protocols and ensure schedules produced are compliant
- Able to compile scheduling reports as requested - X-week look-aheads, adherence, variance, SPI, etc.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Willing to work the hours it takes to complete key deliverables
- Positive and enthusiastic for assigned tasks
- Excellent written (technical and colloquial) and oral communication skills for the purpose of reporting
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment.
Date Req Created
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.