Synacor is looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of Quality, likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what's new and what's current. As a Sr. Software Quality Engineer on our Quality Engineering team, you will be responsible for the quality of Synacor's Portal Services, which delivers personalized news, entertainment, and account services to tens of millions of users every month on desktop and mobile browsers.|
You will develop an effective testing strategy that combines an appropriate level of automated and manual testing. Your challenge is to understand the technical details of the product, the user features, and the customer environments in which the product will be deployed in order to develop appropriate test frameworks and robust, scalable, and effective tests. SQA Engineers at Synacor are partners in project delivery and are responsible for substantive contributions to overall quality by influencing internal processes.
What You'll Be Doing
- Embedded resource within a scrum team delivering high quality software in accordance to sprint-level and release-level requirements; act as a strong representative of the Quality Engineering team
- Plan, design, develop and execute tests that assure product feature functionality and reliability across multiple browser and platform combinations
- Be involved in the requirements gathering process to understand how features are used by end-users and ensure that high quality user stories and acceptance criteria are created
- Work with the development team to ensure that test suites are effective, efficient, and address the highest business priorities and user benefits
- Perform exploratory, black box testing and generate test cases from discovered defects
- Develop and execute automated scripts to ensure high quality deliverables
- Develop tools and processes to improve the quality, efficiency and completeness of tests.
- Coordinate System testing with other team members, internal users and test partners
- Assist in maintaining current regression test framework as well as developing new tests
- Provide comprehensive release assessments and ensure Quality metric dashboards are accurate and updated
- Investigate and troubleshoot all issues; ensure all problems have descriptive bug reports and are tracked.
- Work closely with Change Management and Project Management on release builds, deployment packages, and completed tickets
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience. MS Computer Science a plus.
- 5+ years of software development, testing and test automation experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proficient with software development tools/environments such as Jenkins/Bamboo, Confluence, Git, etc.
- Ability to analyze complicated software systems and design a test strategy accordingly
- Ability to understand our customers and build in continuous quality improvements
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience with defect tracking tools (Jira) and Test Management Tools (such as ALM or TestRail)
- Evidence of problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- Experience with multi-platform testing including Mobile devices a plus