|Job Ref:||CA_35948||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dartford||Address:||Post Code:||DA1||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
Jobholders of roles covered by the Semi-skilled Engineer profile have a requirement to have or be in the position to qualify for EngTech Accreditation to a professional body.
The Semi-skilled Engineer will assist the delivery of electrical, mechanical and building fabric, planned, reactive, and other works for engineering services across a region across and to multiple client sites; ensuring Carillion deliver a safe, customer focused, cost effective, efficient and compliant service in order to meet its contractual and legal obligations.
Health, Safety and Environmental
• Work safely, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors.
• Work in accordance with Work Instructions, Safe Working Practices and Method Statements ensuring relevant records (paper and electronic) are completed and submitted in an accurate timely manner.
• Ensure that you read Health and Safety alerts, communications and Tool Box Talks. Inform your supervisor if you do not understand information received.
• Ensure that you have the appropriate skills, training and equipment to perform your role
• To support the activity of specialist service partners, delivering services on behalf of the company; ensuring all health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to. Including, but not limited to, ensuring adequate safe system of works are complied with, complete task specific risk assessments when required and carry out Point of Work risk assessments for all activities
• Ensure all required personal protective equipment is utilised and worn at all appropriate times
• Behave in line with and promote Carillion’s Values
• Attend and participate in Team Talks.
• Delivers a customer experience in line with objectives and customer experience plans.
• Maintains effective customer relationships within own area of responsibility
• Always looks for opportunities to improve the customer experience
• Work as part of an integral member of a team carrying out routine PPM, reactive and minor repair works, which do not justify the attendance of fully qualified engineers, as assigned by the Workflow team ensuring all deliverable SLA/KPI targets are met or exceeded
• Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings.
• Maintain stock control systems as directed.
• Maintain the cleanliness of plant rooms, workshops and storage areas.
• Provide regular updated information and condition ratings for the asset management database
• Communicate with the Engineering Departments when support is required to ensure all tasks can be achieved within prescribed requirements.
• Demonstrate commercial awareness by identifying opportunities to reduce costs, travel and waste
• Deliver excellent customer service in this client facing role and ensure excellent client relationships are sustained
• Adaptable to flexible working patterns, when required
• Demonstrate a willingness to attend training courses
Additional Role Information
The post covers the site 5 days a week working from Monday to Friday over a 40 hour period, the candidate will be expected to work between the hours of 8:00 – 17:00hrs.
Each Semi-Skilled/Handyperson is expected to cover the following ppm and reactive work and where needed training will be provided. This list is not exhaustive and some additional duties maybe expected.
There is no guaranteed over time offered with the role, however it is expected that the candidate supports the contract as and when needed.