Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Supervises co-ordinates and participates in the activities of subordinate Technicians in the routine electrical maintenance, overhaul and breakdown repair of the 33 KV, 11KV, 3.3KV and 415V distribution network system, including all associated switchgear and control systems within Gas Distribution Stations.
- Equipment and plant includes Emergency Diesel generators, Ex HT & LT motors, transformers, lighting systems, H.V. motors, firewater pumps, motor operated valve actuator system, Protective relays, UPS system and rectifier or Battery chargers, cathodic protection transformers or systems etc.
- Ensures the SAP generated preventative maintenance programmes are implemented, as well as assisting in the development of improving ongoing and future preventative maintenance.
- The job exists to provide efficient and quality maintenance of electrical equipment's of Gas Distribution facilities. Responsible for ensuring that safe working procedure is strictly complied with, switches are properly isolated, ladders properly secured, warning notices posted etc.
- Ensures that subordinate technicians strictly follow QP's safety procedures.
- Non-adherence to above working procedures will lead to unsafe plant conditions and failure of plant or equipment's giving rise to substantial revenue losses.
Experience & Skills:
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by two years formal training in electrical high voltage, medium voltage, low voltage switchgear, control protection relays or similar to ordinary national diploma level. Short courses in safety and hazardous area•
- 15 years minimum experience following formal training or apprenticeship in the installation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of a wide variety of low, medium and high voltage rotating, control and protection equipment's.
- To be fully conversant with standards pertaining to electrical equipment and plant installed in hazardous areas and to fully understand fault diagnosis and troubleshooting of sophisticated electrical logic and relay control systems.
- A minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity would be necessary.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.