|Job Ref:||1521643||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:11|
CCTV Service Engineer/Technician|
Tyco is the world’s largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10 billion company, Tyco has more than 65,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries and you have a chance to be part of our exciting company and continued success.
Key areas of responsibilities
• To service the Company’s product portfolio as directed in an effective and cost efficient manner.
• To represent the Company with credit.
• To ensure regular communication with the Field Operations Manager to advise progress and problems which may require his assistance.
• To ensure that at all times tools, vehicles and safety equipment are regularly maintained in good and safe working order and that test gear is regularly calibrated and labelled as required by ISO9000.
• When appropriate to appoint and manage sub-contractors on site ensuring their work is neat, workmanlike and conforms to all the necessary statutory regulations.
• To maintain all paperwork and documentation up-to-date and to communicate appropriately with the Customer Service Administration Office to receive work and report progress in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with established procedures.
• To be aware of all contract possibilities and add on business opportunities.
• To observe and promote safe working practices and help maintain depots in a tidy and workmanlike manner.
Required main experience
• City & Guilds 224 Part 3: Electronic Servicing or HND in Electronic Engineering or time served experience.
• Experience in CCTV/Public Address as Customer Support Engineer or similar; and any intercom or Congress system experience might be useful
• Knowledge and experience of working on large cameras systems with multiple in-station locations
• An in depth understanding, and developed expertise, in digital techniques; networking & IP; analogue principals
• Computer literate – both in the theory and practical sense in relation to programme and engineering tasks
• Clean driving licence
• Experience as a Service Technician in a relevant industry
• Excellent admin skills and attention to detail