Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Carries out unsupervised maintenance work, both corrective and preventive.
- Installing, commissioning, testing, faultfinding and repairing of all process control instrumentation systems and equipment on North Field Alpha.
- Work includes field instrumentation, package related instrumentation, control panels, PLC based Fire and Gas protection and detection system, Emergency Shutdown System and Distributed Control System (DCS).
Experience & Skills:
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by 2 years full time training on industrial instrumentation or recognized institute.
- At least 6 years in the installation, maintenance, repair and calibration of a wide range of similar instrumentation equipment and systems within the Petrochemical Industry.
- Carries out highly skilled instrumentation work in accordance with specialized craft practice, specific work programme and check lists. Refer major problems to his supervisor for discussion and advice.
- Breakdown and/or preventive work is spot-checked on infrequent basis by the Instrument Supervisor.
- Updates equipment records sheets; complete work orders and amends "As Built" drawings to incorporate modifications or new installations.
- Responsible for own safety and the safety of his work associates in understanding and acting in accordance with safety procedures in case of alarms and emergency or evacuation situations.
- Excellent communication skills in English language.
- Most of the time involves walking and standing, carrying and using light to medium weight tools, occasionally working in cramped conditions, test equipment and materials.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.