Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- To take over all charge of Halul Fire Station to effectively respond to various emergencies/fire situations.
- To develop and coordinate plans for efficient and effective fire prevention, fire suppression and life saving services within Halul operations.
- To plan and coordinate the provision of fire fighting equipment to Offshore locations (Halul, PS-2, PS-3 and WHJs.)
- To implement QP emergency response and fire safety policies and procedures to meet both area and corporate strategic objectives.
- To ensure relevant sections of HSE management systems are developed, coordinated and effectively established.
- To ensure that effective fire risk management programmes are developed to identify the various hazards and take the necessary measures to reduce the identified risks.
- Staff training and development to assist Head of Fire Services in budget preparation.
- Procurement of material and inventory control.
- Responsible and accountable for QP fire procedures and execution of duties.
Experience & Skills:
- Member in the Institute of Fire Engineering NA. in Science or Engineering or equivalent is an advantage.
- Successfully completed a recognized International Access and Command Course Passed Fire Investigation Course.
- Passed Crew Command Course.
- Diploma in Firefighting (Team Leader).
- Passed Advanced Firefighting Course.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Ability to apply knowledge and expertise using original and innovative professional approaches and techniques, to solve fire related issues relating to Oil & Gas development and related problems.
- Good negotiation skills Good analytical skills, data interpretation and compilation skills.
- Good computer knowledge and skills Good leadership, command and control skills.
- Good problem solving and motivational skills.
- Good presentation and investigation skills.
- Ability to write specifications and prepare mandated reports.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform field inspections, risk assessment review /prepares proposals, and administers contracts.
- Ability to work effectively with various personnel and in teams, and be flexible in work assignments.
- Ability for improving bad working habits, employee performance, maintaining improved performance, utilizing effective follow up actions to solve employee or work related problems.
- First Aid Knowledge.
- Ability to obtain a Qatari Heavy Vehicle Driving license Minimum 10 years experience in industrial fire fighting or National Fire Service or Civil Defense fire service is required.
- A sound mechanical aptitude and proof of the understanding of fire and rescue equipment and procedures is essential.