Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Carries out unsupervised maintenance work, both corrective and preventive.
- Repairs and tests general and mostly conventional instrumentation systems and equipment.
- Specific tasks e.g. PLC based control systems will be carried out under the supervision of at least a senior technician.
Experience & Skills:
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by 2 years full time training on industrial instrumentation or recognized institute.
- At least 5 years in the installation, maintenance, repair and calibration of a wide range of similar instrumentation equipment and systems within the Petrochemical Industry.
- Carries out skilled instrumentation work in accordance with specialized craft practice, specific work programs and checklists.
- Refers major problems to his supervisor for discussion and advice.
- Breakdown and/or preventive work is spot-checked on infrequent basis by the Instrument Supervisor and/or by Senior Instrument Technician if advised by higher authority.
- Updates equipment records sheets; complete work orders and amends "As Built" drawings to incorporate modifications or new installations.
- Responsible for own safety and the safety of his work associates in understanding and acting in accordance with safety procedures in case of alarms and emergency or evacuation situations.
- Ensures the wearing of safety equipment.
- Acts as an assigned member of an emergency response team with the responsibility to take corrective action in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- 80% of the time involves walking and standing, carrying and using light to medium weight tools, occasionally working in cramped conditions, test equipment and materials.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.