Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Plans, executes and reports the activities on painting / wrapping and coating inspection and testing on numerous process vessels, Storage Tanks, Wellheads, Pipe work, Trunk lines and general oil field equipment and co-ordinates the activities of contractors. Ensures that these activities are carried out in a safe, timely efficient and cost effective manner and that workmanship complies with QP specifications and standards.
- Conducts coating conditions surveys, prepares and updates paint specs./application procedures and participates in the formulation of maintenance painting programme.
- Records, analyses, generates data regarding coatings/painting and insulation on Teroman System to monitor coating conditions and planed shutdowns for completion of works. Produces concise and accurate reports on the standard of work executed.
Experience & Skills:
- NA. in Mechanical Engineer
- Training in painting/coating and wrap leading to NACE/BGAS Level 2 accreditation or equivalent at the discretion of OEI (D).
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- A total of 10 years experience of which a minimum of 5 years experience as a Painting / Coating Inspector in Oil & Gas, Refinery or Chemical Plant
- Desirable to have additional 3 years with a Painting Contractor as a Foreman /Supervisor or 3 years with a paint manufacturer in technical services