Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Assists and actively participates in the maintenance, repair, trouble shooting, routine inspection, detailed fault diagnosis of electrical equipment in Gas Recycling department such as medium voltage (11 kV,6.6kV 3.3kV) switchgear,415 volt motor control centres, 11kV,6.6kV 3.3kV vacuum & SF6 circuit breakers,400 volt ACBs,
- 11 kV,6.6kV 3.3kV,415 volt induction motors, UPS systems (consisting of both AC and DC types), lead acid and NiCad batteries, 11 kV soft starters,3.3kV VVVF drives,415 volt VFDs, ONAN transformers (consisting of conservator type, sealed type, nitrogen blanketed type), motorised valve actuators of various makes, emergency diesel generators 6.6 kV capacitor banks, heater and heater controls.
- Have hands on experience in operation of emergency diesel generator sets, including no load and load testing by synchronising with the grid.
- Performs operation, isolation or de-isolation, earthing of Motor feeders up to 11 NA of Generator feeders up to 3.3kV earthing of Distribution feeders up 6.6kV.
Experience & Skills:
- Completion of secondary (12 years) education followed by 3 years formal full time education level (Diploma) or equivalent.
- 6 - 8 years experience in the installation, maintenance, repair, overhaul of wide variety of electrical equipment such as transformers, switchgears, motors, motor control centers, generators, protection relay calibration, lighting systems, batteries and chargers, inverters and at least 2 years experience in variable speed drive and PLC control system in the oil and gas industry.
- Short courses in safety and hazardous area.
- Familiar with safety standards and regulations.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.