ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: |
Deliver assigned Cummins Power Generation Business Unit [PGBU] technical training and electrical safety courses for dealership, customer, and internal technicians in our territory. Be the role model of high standard of technical expertise and cultivate an educational process capable of producing a technically proficient, customer-centric service organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enthusiastically deliver technical training material through various presentation methods.
- Evaluate and document student performance and conduct proficiency testing.
- Confer with branch managers to determine training objectives for individual technicians.
- Aid in development of annual training schedule.
- Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely manner.
- Maintain training facilities, modules, and tooling, needed for effective training delivery.
- Participate in factory initiatives to enhance training delivery and curriculum.
- Transfer to the students your technical expertise, processes knowledge, and best practices associated with PGBU product diagnostics and service.
- Continuously update personal qualifications, maintain knowledge of technical information, and take all necessary steps to remain a technical expert of the PGBU product line up.
- Undertake additional training-related projects as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe extraordinary conditions that are associated with the essential elements of the job (e.g., work space, hazardous conditions, environmental conditions etc.)
- Associates Degree in a Technical Discipline preferred.
- Expert-level technical knowledge of PGBU products required.
- PGBU Qualify-the-Qualifier [QTQ] certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience working on PGBU products.
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility as an instructor.
- Working knowledge of various Cummins service software preferred.
- Highly skilled with common workplace software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Advanced ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines
- Must be highly organized and able to handle a variety of duties with limited timeframes.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish a plus.
- Up to 75% travel
- A valid driver's license is required
- Must be able to work in the various environments associated with customer's work sites.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.