Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
This role is for project which we expect to be awarded in the near future.
Main responsibilities for this position competencies needed for the role:
- Report to the Contract's Engineer
- Overall on-site responsibility to ensure the contractor adheres to the client's requirements and design specifications.
- Contract administration, supervision of the construction works, quality control, financial control, management of technical site staff and the commercial laboratory, liaison with the Client, Engineer, specialists and Contractors.
- Mentoring and managing junior site staff
- Prepare monthly payment certificates for the Engineer.
- Being responsible for managing design changes on site.
- Assist the Engineer in preparing and adjudicating claims and extension of time.
- Assisting the Engineer in collecting the necessary information required in the event of a claim being instituted by a Contractor including Variation Orders.
- Prepare and submit mix designs to the Engineers Representative
- Strictly adhering to the AECOM Health and Safety criteria
- Comply with all aspects of the Construction Management Quality Plan.
- Chair technical meetings on site , writing and distributing minutes.
- Write and distribute site meeting minutes
- Assist with the preparation of monthly progress and cost reports for submission to the Client.
- Assisting other staff members with technical and contract documentation input.
- Complete any other work related to projects within the Department
- Monitoring of earthworks and layer work processes and bituminous surfacings
Personal attributes, qualities or competencies needed for the role:
- Appropriate construction monitoring experience.
- New bridge construction and/or widening experience will also be extremely beneficial.
- Candidate wishes to make Construction Monitoring and Management his choice of career.
- Proficient with SANS 1200 and COLTO specifications
- Extensive knowledge of FIDIC and GCC 2010 conditions of contracts
- Good understanding of the OH&S Construction Regulations 2014
- Committed, responsible, dynamic, self motivated individual with good people management skills and team leader.
- Ability to plan and execute work independently and to meet tight deadlines
- Candidate must be willing to work on construction sites anywhere in South Africa.
- Candidate must be willing to work away from home and/or relocate depending on the location of the site.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and MS Projects
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Required to have valid driver's license and own transport.
Education And Expertise:
- Professionally registered engineer/technician with a BSc/BEng/BTech or NDip qualification in Civil Engineering or eligible to register professionally within a maximum period of six months of being appointed.
- Minimum 10-15 years experience on major road rehabilitation, reseal and bridge projects with either SANRAL, Provincial Government including municipal road infrastructure projects
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.