|Job Ref:||37656||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||KARNIND||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
The Central Software Group at Sensors and Integrated Systems (SIS-India) is seeking an exceptional leader to manage large software development team and develop strategy in improving the overall efficiency and growth through software excellence.|
1. Execution of software projects on budget and on schedule
2. People management
a) Allocate SW manpower among programs
b) Hiring and talent development (focus on diversity). Mentor and coach SW technical leads and reduce attrition; employee recognition
c) Performance reviews
d) Training plans and progress tracking, particularly with Ethics and ITC compliance
e) Promote a safe and healthy work environment
f) Work with other SW Site Managers to properly allocate manpower, promote best practices and maximize value to the customer
3. Work with Project Engineering Team to review/approve project budgets and schedules,
4. Supply project metrics, communicate proactively when issues arise and mitigate project risk
5. Manage low cost outsourcing, supplier and customer relationships
6. Ensure programs are using the defined processes, consulting with fellows and software chiefs
7. Drive organizational initiatives, ACE
8. Maintain/leverage technical network in SIS
9. Drive the Best In-lass / software excellence
10. Demonstrate excellence in Requirements capture, Design & Development, Verification and
Certification of software for Aerospace Applications as per DO-178B/C guidelines.
11. Support customer and certification reviews (PDR,CDR,FAI, SOI audits) and assure successful completion and resolution of action items
12. Oversee the technical aspects of multiple software teams working at multiple sites
13. Ensure compliance to standard.
14. Monitor process and product quality and assure corrective action where necessary.
15. Responsible for ensuring continual improvement in productivity (Monitoring and improving key metrics.)
16. Responsible for overseeing and augmenting the training program and competency drive
Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering/Masters in Electronics/Computer Science/Aerospace engineering with 12 to 16 years' experience in DO-178B Level A development life-cycle.
- Having strong Sensor systems, software development/design knowledge is an added advantage
- Wide breadth of knowledge of multiple disciplines relevant to the design and development of
SIS products including fuel management systems, fire protection systems, prognostics and health management, air data systems, and aircraft data management systems is desired
- Ability to manager large number of engineers in software development
- Ability to mentor and train technical managers, principal engineers and build the next level leadership team
- Oversee the technical aspects of multiple software teams working at multiple sites on multiple projects.
- Experience in Software development, Verification engineering tasks that comply with RTCA DO-178B Level
- Interacts with DERs and assist in preparation of SVP, SVCP etc. Support customer and
certification reviews (e.g., PDR,CDR,FAI, SOI audits) and assure successful completion and resolution of action items
- Conversant with tools such us Matlab, Simulnk, statechart or similar modeling and simulation tools
- Technical Competencies: C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, Java, Python, .Net, Matlab, Simulink,
Microsoft Tools, Strong Technical Writing Skills, DOORS
- Strong Oral Presentation Skills.
- Critical competencies : Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Technical Skills, Interpersonal
Savvy, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Effective Teamwork, Problem SolvingExcellent communication
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to handle high pressure projects and managing the team and management
expectation while solving the customer requirements