Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||26197BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Construction Support Manager for Union Power Delivery (transmission & substation) projects. Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Authors and implements construction policies and procedures in collaboration with the project management teams, developing construction processes and tools ensuring successful adaptation and implementation to further enhance efficiencies on active projects
• Plans, forecasts, allocates and assigns construction resources across projects
• Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Code of Conduct, Lessons Learned, and People FIRST programs in their respective business units in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Contractual commitments.
• Establishes and maintains relationships and develops a high level of trust and credibility with key clients, alliance partners, subcontractors, and project teams.
• Reviews, analyzes, and reports on project construction budget, schedule, and quality performance to business leadership and takes appropriate action to drive improvement through project construction managers
• Responsible for capability and technical skill development and enhancements of market based construction resources
• Ensure budgets, policies and procedures are adhered to across all projects
• Achieve key performance metrics established for projects
• Collaborates with Construction Business Partners on developing construction execution plans that deliver highest value solutions to clients
Provide support and oversight on all construction projects as assigned.
• Responsible for project field and jobsite operations for projects and programs that include on-site owners engineer support, construction management, new or refurbishment design-build activities, and construction only scopes.
8+ years with a degree or 10+ years construction experience without degree
Transmission and/or substation experience
Experience holding P&L responsibilities for multiple projects
Preferred Job Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering or distributed construction experience preferred.
Has held a role as a Business Manager within a union environment
Knowledge of EPC industry
Knowledge of project budget process and tools
Knowledge of department budget process and tools
Knowledge of Project controls
Administrative policies and procedures
Construction Project Management Systems
Conceptual planning ability
Conflict management skills
Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
Project management skills
Communication and meeting skills
Time reporting systems
Expense reporting policies and procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females