|Job Ref:||37661||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||KARNIND||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
The Central Software Group at Sensors and Integrated Systems (SIS-India) is seeking an exceptional leader to drive improvements in product development capabilities for complex electro-mechanical and embedded systems across various SIS product-lines through creation of a common software/system architecture framework, RSI.|
1. Define & monitor each program's technical approach
2. Define how to improve quality through ACE
3. Develop technology plan
4. Support MBD, RSI and CEI into the organization
5. Troubleshooting of difficult problems & escalate when needed to SIS Central Software Chiefs and Fellow
6. Maintain/leverage technical network in SIS
7. Technical mentoring
8. Support for proposals
9. Drive Innovation culture with in the team
10. Drive/Support the Best In-lass / software excellence
Apart from the top level, this role is also calls for working on projects with below activities on Individual contributor role on need basis
- C Code requirements generation, design, test, verification, validation and documentation for existing sensors products Computers.
- C Code design tasks, according to RTCA DO-178B Level A standards, for new Sensor Systems products.
- Software Verification engineering tasks that comply with RTCA DO-178B Level A 'Software
- Use Matlab and Simulink to create system-level models to support hardware/software partitioning, trade studies and overall design decisions.
- Development of complex sub-system trade studies, algorithms and error budgets.
- Responsible to find out new methods and processes to approach complex situations in the respective area(s) of expertise.
- Has good familiarity with Aerospace design techniques, procedures and standards.
- Contribute towards submitting whitepapers, innovations in the area of work.
- The candidate will work closely with technical leaders in SIS businesses to standardize development processes and build, and then champion, a common underlying software/system architecture framework that allows product variability while promoting extensive reuse.
Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering/Masters in Electronics/Computer Science/Aerospace engineering with 12 to 16 years' experience in DO-178B Level A development life-cycle.
- Competencies: C/C++, C#, Visual Basic .Net, Matlab, Simulink, Microsoft Tools, Strong Technical Writing Skills, DOORS, Strong Oral Presentation Skills.
- Having strong Sensor systems, design knowledge is an added advantage
- Wide breadth of knowledge of multiple disciplines relevant to the design and development of SIS products including fuel management systems, fire protection systems, prognostics and health management, air data systems, and aircraft data management systems is desired
- Proven alternative design concepts
- Strong experience in driving RSI, innovation, white papers and read-across process across the organization is a plus
- Ability to mentor and senior technical members
- Interpersonal Savvy, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Effective Teamwork, Problem Solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are required
- experience leading full-lifecycle development of embedded aerospace systems