|Job Ref:||8425||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
Electric Boat pump group is looking for an experienced engineer to manage all aspects of pump procurement technical requirements, shipyard support, and fleet support. Responsibilities include program management, life cycle support, maintenance of component procurement specifications, technical manuals, operating instructions and drawings, cost and schedule performance, vendor selection and oversight, preparation of technical correspondences, evaluation and resolution of fleet performance issues and construction support.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a high level of product knowledge, technical requirements, and understanding of system interface.
• Interface with subject matter experts, other engineering disciplines, all level of management, customers and vendors.
• Oversee fabrication, assembly, and production testing. Provide vendor oversight to ensure all technical requirements are met, verify quality conformance, and assure on-time delivery. Occasional travel to vendor facilities is required.
• Identify and provide resolution to key risks and technical challenges in a timely manner to ensure on time delivery to support construction schedules.
• Support construction schedules and technical deliverables during weekend and off regular work week hours, as required.
• Review and approve all technical vendor deliverables including drawings, test procedures, test reports, design reports, and design changes.
• Resolve technical problems in a fast paced environment.
• Evaluate design concepts and cost reduction ideas. Perform cost-benefit analysis.
• Perform technical review of material / component quality documentation including test results to assure conformance to procurement requirements.
• Interface with component vendors regarding technical issues that arise during manufacturing/fabrication/assembly/testing.