|Job Ref:||130953BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Germantown||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:59|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
We are currently seeking an experienced Buyer to join our team located in our Germantown, Maryland office. This individual will procure or oversee the procurement of all services, repairs, supplies, hardware, software and other commodities required for facilities and employees to function. Review the procurement process for adherence to company policies and government regulations.
1. Specialize in the completion of complex assignments.
2. Lead and/or advise other Purchasing Assistant and Purchasing Agents.
3. Prepare and execute requests (high dollar requests) that are more complex in nature, requiring more acquisition experience and more clearly defined documentation.
4. Schedule and coordinate internal/external audits.
5. Solicit for new vendors and schedule visits.
6. Interpret, recommend and implement procurement policies and procedures.
7. Provide input for performance and salary reviews.
8. Plan and assign to purchasing personnel procurement workload assignments.
9. Serve as subject-matter expert for procurement matters, provide advice, and recommend changes that have an important bearing on internal company operations.
10. Comply with governmental law, Company and divisional procurement policies and procedures.
11. Maintain a Government compliant filing system and is responsible for all correspondence on all procurement matters.
12. Prepare Cost and/or Price Analysis in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation Requirements
13. Perform Best Value with Trade-Off, Technical Responsive Low Price, and Low Price Evaluations.
14. Prepare Justifications for Awarding to Large Businesses
15. Prepare Negotiation Strategies and Negotiate Contracts
16. Prepare Market Analysis and Survey's
17. Solicit Base-Year and Option-Year Orders
18. Support Proposal Efforts by obtaining Competitive Pricing, Identifying Potential Team Members, and Preparing Proposal Write-ups
19. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS). Must be familiar with Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR). Must be able to perform Price or Cost Analysis to Determine Fair and Reasonable pricing. Must be familiar with Public Laws, SAM, and Consent Packages. Must have had experience issuing Purchase Orders and Subcontracts. Must be proficient working in FFP, T&M, CR, and LH environments. Excellent oral and written communication skills; working knowledge with word-processing, database, spreadsheet programs and integrated software applications are required. Must be a Self-Starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at Microsoft Excel and Word.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.