- Working with a team in providing systems engineering for rail transit project involving traction power, signaling and train control equipment, and systems integration;
- Deliver traction power designs and construction engineering support for transit projects;
- Preparation of design reports and submissions;
- Undertaking site surveys, and quality assurance inspection;
- Represent HMM's interests in developing and reviewing designs and construction;
- Review contractor submittals and work closely with field staff on the installation of traction power systems, components, and software;
- Participation in the planning, development, design, verification & commissioning of signalling systems;
- Providing technical review and assuring accuracy of the work produced by the design team and contractors, including plans, specifications and cost estimates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. While we sincerely thank all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Knowledge of the principles of traction power and substation design;
- Candidates with demonstrated experience in electrical utility power distribution and substation design will also be considered;
- 5+ years of experience in the development, design and delivery of system engineering solutions;
- Member or eligible for membership with APEGA;
- Knowledge of and respect for safety requirements;
- Experience in design and construction management of rail transit traction power systems including traction power substations;
- Familiarity with systems integration and traction power interfaces to signaling and train control systems, and communication systems would be an asset;
- Familiarity with rail transit or electrical utility industry standards, practices, and regulations;
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and schematic diagrams;
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity on traction power projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to produce designs using CAD software (AutoCAD and Micro Station) would be an asset
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel, MSWord;
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.