As a result of a significant growth in our project work, Hatch is looking for a motivated, capable and organized Senior Project Manager with significant experience in the rail and transit sector. Ideally, you must be well known in the heavy rail and/or urban transit industry. Experience and a successful track record on CN and/or CP heavy rail projects would be a definite asset for this position. In this role, you will be based in our Edmonton office.|
- Manage projects including interfacing and reporting to clients, monitoring and managing budget and schedules, and general project coordination;
- Plan, organize and work with technical groups in the delivery of rail engineering project requirements including the provision of technical support to designers;
- Overview and provide leadership on technical design and deliverable requirements including: vertical and horizontal alignments; quantity and construction cost estimates; engineering design reports; technical specifications; material and equipment selection; cost estimates; construction contract documentation; compilation of design/construction drawings; etc.;
- Provide support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation of proposals;
- Provide support to other Canadian regions in the development and delivery of project requirements;
- Actively participate in and support internal and external development and training activities;
- As appropriate, support the development of staff within the region;
- Interact with clients on a regular basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. While we sincerely thank all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university;
- 10 to 15 years of design and project management experience for heavy rail and/or large complex transit projects;
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta;
- Technically familiar with railway engineering design requirements and projects;
- Experience and interest in business development initiatives, and in the development and maintenance of client relations;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills;
- Must have sound knowledge of current engineering and construction principles, methods and practices;
- Familiar with various civil engineering software design tools;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Consulting engineering experience would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of planning and other aspects of project controls;
- Track record of delivering projects on time and to budget.