As an Intermediate Structural Engineer, working as an integral part of the engineering group, your duties will include, but not be limited to: |
- Works on projects of increasing difficulty and size;
- Assists in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for varying types of structures including; bridges, retaining walls, culverts;
- Experience with in a marine environment would be considered an asset;
- Able to run the latest structural analysis software and able to compile and manipulate the data into a presentable form;
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria;
- Extracts engineering data from various prescribed sources; processes the data following well-defined methods; and presents the data in prescribed form;
- Able to apply basic engineering principals to new and innovative transportation projects;
- Site Quality Assurance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. While we sincerely thank all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Master's degree preferred or equivalent experience with a structural emphasis;
- Registered or registration in progress for Professional Engineer (NA);
- 5+ years of experience in structural engineering design, including familiarity with concrete and steel structures;
- Ability to develop and review designs, drawings, specification, and technical memoranda;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of an multidiscipline group;
- Understanding of earth quake design using a dynamic analysis with as spectral response approach;
- Strong communication and technical writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork are essential;
- Proficient in the use of structural design software.