Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated senior or intermediate Water Engineer to join our dynamic Regional Infrastructure team located in our Thunder Bay office. |
- Involvement in projects of various sizes from conception through to completion;
- Provide preliminary and detailed design phases of water treatment process design;
- Developing, reviewing plans, and providing design input for water services clients;
- Preparation of calculations, detailed design, technical documents, reports, and technical and site assessments;
- Undertake civil design of pipe work to specified standards and practices;
- Provides technical direction to and mentors junior engineers;
- Meets client quality, schedule, and budget expectations;
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines, and staff responsible for design coordination;
- Interacts with clients on a regular basis.
Hatch is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act throughout the recruitment process. If you require these accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university;
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in water engineering design;
- Registered P. Eng in the Province of Ontario or eligible to be registered;
- Technical experience as an engineer in the water and environmental sector is required;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to direct work of CAD personnel to produce detail design drawings in an efficient manner;
- Good understanding of water supply, water and wastewater treatment, environment studies, and EIA;
- Visual attention and concentration are required when conducting detailed drawing reviews;
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel, MSWord;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in order to meet cost targets, quality targets and deadlines;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. While we sincerely thank all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.