As the Highway Design Technician, you will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects including a variety of freeway planning and design assignments currently underway. |
- Work with project managers to accomplish various tasks associated with various projects;
- Participation in the preliminary and detailed design of roads and freeways in both rural and urban environment;
- Undertaking roadway geometric design including design of intersections and interchanges, roadside safety analysis, design of pavement marking and signage, traffic staging design, and quantity calculations;
- Assistance to project managers and/or engineers with preparation of design and contract documents including technical and other project specifications, and proposals;
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
Hatch is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act throughout the recruitment process. If you require these accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited College;
- 4 -8 years' experience with highway and road design;
- Experience in consulting engineering environment;
- 2 years of experience with InRoads and AutoCAD is mandatory; working knowledge of LDD or Civil 3D would be an asset;
- Experience in the use of provincial transportation specific software is a definite asset;
- Experience working on MTO projects /designs is a definite asset;
- Excellent technical and communication skills are a necessity;
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently;
- Ability to solve problems, complete assigned tasks efficiently, and meet project deadlines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. While we sincerely thank all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.