In this position you will be required to liaise with clients, determine and agree the project requirements, and ensure that the business objectives are met.|
- Technical specification for the project;
- Scope of project work required;
- Detailed design and construction/implementation programs showing milestone key events;
- Detailed cost plans, phasing expenditure and cash flow over each project;
- Authority for the control of change within agreed levels;
- Ensure projects are funded and controlled and meet required performance, safety and business standards;
- Prepare detailed resource plans for projects and organize, appoint brief and direct effective matrix project teams to ensure the work is carried out cost effectively and to specification;
- Negotiate and administer all agreements with outside parties.
Hatch is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act throughout the recruitment process. If you require these accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Systems or electrical engineering degree from a recognized university;
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in main line and transit signal systems;
- Must have a sound knowledge of all types of systems/signals work;
- Experience in delivering multiple signals capital projects in a railway environment to time and to budget;
- Previous design manager experience and, experience dealing with signal suppliers, contractors and other consultants.
- In addition, in this role excellent interpersonal skills are required as you will liaise with people of all levels. You must have confidence to lead and mentor your design team and deal with external parties. It is also important that you have well-developed management skills in order to ensure that all contractual matters are met within agreed time scales and performance parameters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. While we sincerely thank all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.