|Job Ref:||37711||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.|
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidates.
Learn more @ NA
UTRCI has an opening for a Research Scientist in the area of Software Architecture for enterprise scale applications and Internet-of-Things applications.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate an outstanding track record in several of the following fields: data structure and algorithm design and implementation, distributed computing, architecture design for cloud-based services, Internet of Things applications, and distributed data analytics, and a strong desire to apply these techniques to proof-of-concept demonstrators in an R&D environment.
The successful candidate will contribute to an established research agenda related to Aerospace and Building & Industrial Systems technologies. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary, multinational technology team developing new technologies that will provide competitive advantage for United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units, is expected to contribute towards technical strategy and business development through Irish and European grant acquisition, and be able to partner with leading institutions (university, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations) to meet organizational objectives.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, is well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Besides technical excellence, an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation is essential.
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, with 4 to 7 years of relevant industrial experience in the area of enterprise-scale software engineering, infrastructure, and deployment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
• Excellent programming skills using some or all of the following programming languages: Java, C#, C++, Python.
• Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Demonstrated experience in delivering system integration between multiple systems/environments.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the delivery of scalable, multi-tenant, proof-of-concept demonstrators on Microsoft Azure, AWS, or equivalent platforms.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• A proven ability to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
In addition, experience in the following areas will be highly regarded:
• Experience with multiple programming paradigms such as object oriented and functional programming. Experience in identifying and applying design patterns.
• Experience in back-end architectures and technology, including containers, microservices, real-time event analytics, SaaS, and REST, using technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Presto, and Flume.
• Experience in Agile development processes, including continuous integration & test patterns for cloud-based applications.
• Experience in data storage solutions for heterogeneous data sets, using technologies such as Hadoop, RDBMS (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL), NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, GraphDb, Cassandra), and cloud-based services (e.g. EC2, S3).
What we offer
Employees at UTRC-I enjoy a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team-based working environment. As part of your daily job with UTRC you will be able to actively collaborate with national and international universities, work with research teams from other UTRC research centers around the globe, bring your ideas to life through our innovation pipeline process and work in many diverse technical domains ranging from building automation to aerospace.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidates.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: NA by selecting "Job Postings (International)" option in the drop-down menu under "Careers".
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.