|Job Ref:||SFO AirTrain 1||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||San Francisco||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 22:05|
Under the general direction of O&M Supervisor the Vehicle Mechanic will be responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on AirTrain vehicles, the guideway and station doors. Operations & Maintenance is performed 24 hours a day 7 days per week 365 days per year. |
The Vehicle Mechanic is responsible for the following:
• Inspect vehicles and related equipment to detect failed or improperly operating equipment. Perform electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems inspection following established procedures or other written or verbal instructions. Trouble-shoot complex systems and components to identify problems or failures.
• Perform preventive & corrective maintenance and/or replace defective parts or equipment utilizing manuals, drawings, specs, and other written or verbal instructions.
• Respond to system failure to recover vehicles and restore operations. Operate trains, doors, switches, train control and power distribution systems in manual mode when directed to do so. Assist passengers during emergency operations.
• Prepare reports or daily logs as required. Participate in training programs. Perform housekeeping and administrative duties. Maintain tools, equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• Install/repair complex wiring assemblies including modifications
• Observe all established safety procedures.
• Perform administrative and housekeeping duties.
• Assist in the development of vehicle maintenance schedules and priorities.