|Job Ref:||131634BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Norfolk||Address:|| |
Norfolk, VA, USA (Show on map)
|Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:54|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM is actively seeking a Submarine Acoustic Executive Advisor for Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 272 Branch program support to develop briefs, assist with major communications to external stakeholders, briefs, and to assist in developing solutions to issues at the Branch and programmatic levels. Candidate will be required to periodically monitor and report status of various recommended actions, as well as providing information to the MARMC leadership to address submarine acoustic issues. Candidate may also be required to coordinate various submarine conferences, and the necessary resources to support their completion among multiple stakeholders.
1. Advise customer of critical issues and potential strategies for winning solutions.
2. Provide3 executive level support to the Code 272 Branch Head.
3. Assist with the development of recommendations to resolve acqisition, logistics, and maintainability issues at the local and programmatic levels.
4. Work with assessment leads to identify trends in submarine maintainability, and develop strategy for determining root cause.
5. Coordinate conference involvement and the necessary products to support various major stakeholders.
6. Direct on-site customer interface for program guidance, testing, systems analysis, and working with resources to improve submarine maintainability.
7. May provide administrative support to project management staff in customer meetings, presentations and briefings.
8. Develop strategies to guide future development and in-service support initiatives for acoustic systems.
9. Participate in semi-annual program process reviews (travel).
10. Periodically monitor and report the status of recommended action items assigned.
11. Maintain cognizance of current submarine electronic system developments and trends.
12. Assist in the preparation and production of major technical reports, progress reports, data requirements and system constraints for technical presentations, meetings and customer briefings.
Associate's degree and at least 12 years of submarine related job experience or equivalent. In-depth prior supervisory experience with submarine divisional maintenance practices, submarine non-nuclear electronics systems, fleet maintenance data reporting including 2-kilo, CASREPs and Fleet Technical Assistance. Must have excellent objective investigative skills. Must be proficient at using Microsoft Word, Excel , and PowerPoint . May supervise support personnel as required. Excellent written and verbal communications; prior experience working with multiple stakeholders, participation in resolving conflicts, and developing goal oriented solutions; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
The preferred candidate shall have had in-depth experience with Submarine Sonar Systems acquisition, in-service support, and maintenance as well as Maintainability Assessments and have served as either a Department head on a submarine, or a Leading Chief Petty Officer of an electronics division (or above) on a submarine. Position requires a self-starter who enjoys working with various agencies, and visiting submarines to get to the 'root cause' of maintainability issues with a genuine desire to correct issues. Candidate shall have experiential and working knowledge of submarine maintenance practices, submarine Fleet Technical Assistance (FTA) process including knowledge of the CASREP process and the Submarine specific portion of the JFFM. Position may require travel. Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.