|Job Ref:||2016-12087||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||New Jersey||City:||Mount Laurel||Address:||Post Date:||23/10/2016 05:02|
EHS Compliance Engineer/Scientist|
Location: US-NJ-Mount Laurel
Job ID: 2016-12087
Area of Interest: EN - EHS, H&S, and Industrial Hygiene (HS)
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 5/2/2016
Experience (Years): 5
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WPROJECTS
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a mid-level EHS Compliance and Management Engineer/Scientist for the Mt. Laurel, New Jersey location. The selected candidate will support Environmental Health & Safety compliance and site assessment projects for a variety of manufacturing clients. Primary responsibilities will include:
* Assisting clients to evaluate their compliance status and conducting specific tasks to achieve and maintain compliance.
* Technical and field assignments and ability to work independently and in a team environment. Assignments will vary and may include:
* performing compliance audits,
* preparing State and Federal reports (e.g., air emissions reporting, EPCRA Tier II and TRI reports),
* preparing facility-specific plans (e.g., SWPPP, SPCC, LQG contingency plans), and
* supporting clients' ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 EHS management systems.
* Transactional support to conduct environmental liability assessments as part of acquisitions and divestitures (e.g. Phase 1) for manufacturing clients.
* Must be able to interface with clients and regulatory agencies, as well as be familiar with Federal and State environmental and OSHA requirements.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, or Engineering, Master's degree is desirable.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in consulting or industry.
* Knowledgeable in a variety of Federal and State environmental compliance areas including CWA (NDPES), CAA, RCRA, Solid Waste, TSCA, EPCRA, FIFRA, DOT, and OSHA.
* Permitting, compliance auditing and site assessment experience in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry preferred.
* Strong working knowledge of the New Jersey Site Remediation Program and Pennsylvania Act 2 regulations is desirable.
* Excellent written and verbal communication is a must.
* Candidate will be expected to interface and work with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Also required is a willingness to travel as dictated by project demands.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gemder, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.