|Job Ref:||STR-LE-16-18803-1||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Detroit||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
In support of the Project Manager, support and coordinate production / development activities for the GDLS Stryker Family and Abrams of Vehicles (FOV) Programs as relate to contract requirements, schedule, cost and quality performance to include transition to Production activities, where applicable . Duties include (but are not limited to): |
(1) Providing PD&S project / program coordination and support to the Program Office and Product Center(s). This effort includes proposal development, coordination / communication with all PD&S departments / facilities and management of contract scope to cost , schedule and quality requirements.
(2) Providing PD&S support to the Integrated Product Teams (IPT's)
(3) Interfaces with adjacent functional areas on the program (Procurement, Contracts, Finance and Logistics) to provide a coordinative effort on the programs, as well as SHC staff functions.
(4) Preparing, attending and conducting PD&S related briefings in support of Program requirements
(5) Duties also include supporting department audits, generating analysis of administrative problems, and manpower planning.
1. B.S. degree in either Manufacturing, Manufacturing Technology or Engineering discipline required.
2. Minimum of 7 years in manufacturing disciplines, vehicle build or Program Management
3. Minimum of 1-2 years in Project Management experience preferred.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Proficiency in MicroSoft Office Suite applications.
6. Knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) terminology, application and corrective action methodologies to assure that project tasks are completed while complying with established Cost and Schedule Performance metrics preferred.
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
Detroit area locations house engineering, design and development, customer service and support, systems integration laboratories, and staff support functions. The Sterling Logistics and Engineering Center provides training and logistics support to customers around the world.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.