|Job Ref:||37721||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
UTRCI seeks candidates with expertise in developing and delivering creative, integrated solutions for aerospace applications. In this position, researchers with expertise in the areas of dynamic, multi-scale, multi-physics system modelling and analysis, system architecting and trade-space exploration, and hierarchical and model-based system engineering will work as part of multidisciplinary teams in developing new technologies that will provide a competitive advantage for UTC's business units. |
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, is extremely well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Besides technical excellence, an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation is essential
A minimum of a doctoral degree in Aerospace Systems Engineering, or a doctoral degree in an Electrical / Mechanical Engineering discipline with significant Systems Engineering content, or a master's degree with a minimum of 5 years of industrial or academic experience in a field relevant to the architecture, design and analysis of complex aerospace systems.
• Expert knowledge in at least one of the following: (1) Systems and Controls Engineering, (2) Aerospace Systems Architecting and Trade-Space Exploration, (3) Hierarchical Model-based systems engineering.
• Expert in modeling and simulation of multi-scale, multi-physics systems, particularly in the aerospace domain.
• Some background and understanding in controls, signal processing, communications, constraint-based optimization, hardware in the loop testing, dynamic systems engineering, and/or aerospace certification will be a plus.
• A proven research credential with publications in journals and conferences in the relevant field and/or a patent portfolio is required.
• A strong track record of developing and executing technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints is highly desirable.
• Software skills preferred: C, C++, MATLAB/Simulink, Python, Fortran, Saber, Modelica / Dymola, Rational DOORS, CATIA, SolidWorks, PLM.
The successful candidate will work as part of a distributed multidisciplinary team, and will be expected to:
• Demonstrate technical excellence in research activities and creative thinking that leads to innovative concepts.
• Assist in developing proposals for externally-funded research in the area of complex aerospace systems, and collaborating with external partners such as companies, national labs and universities.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide timely, accurate reports and presentations to senior management and functional teams.
• Actively contribute concepts to technology roadmaps in areas related to complex aerospace systems, helping expand the portfolio of technology maturation projects.
• Enjoy developing technologies from initial concepts through to laboratory validation, including implementing and testing control strategies, as well as designing and testing hardware prototypes.
• In addition, demonstrated experience within industry or academia is highly desirable with 5 years required for applicants holding a masters degree, and Post doctoral research experience required for doctoral degree holders.
• Some travel required.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: NA by selecting "Ireland" from the "Country" pull-down menu and clicking "Begin Search"
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.