|Job Ref:||37722||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
UTRCI seeks candidates with expertise in decision support. The successful candidates will be responsible for development of advanced decision support methodologies and algorithms for buildings and aerospace systems and will contribute to technology demonstrations. The position requires strong analytical skills and experience in developing and implementing of decision support technologies in real-world environments. The successful candidates will work as a part of technology teams in developing new technologies that will provide a competitive advantage for UTC's business units. |
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, is extremely well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Besides technical excellence, an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation is essential
A minimum of a doctoral degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a master's degree with a minimum of 5 years of industrial or academic experience is required. A PhD with industrial or academic experience is preferred.
• Expert knowledge in at least one of the following: (1) Machine Learning, (2) Data Analytics / Statistical Modeling, (3) Diagnostics & Prognostics.
• Experience in using programming languages/tools like Matlab, C, C++, Java, Python is necessary.
• Some background and understanding of signal processing, data mining, pattern recognition, adaptive filter design, (multi-sensor) data fusion, statistical estimation and detection, data registration and visualization, dynamical systems will be a plus.
• A proven research credential with publications in journals and conferences in the relevant field and/or a patent portfolio is required.
• Exceptional communication skills, demonstrated commitment to deliver results and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary, multinational team environment. Ability to execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• Some travel is required.