No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Cummins Business Services Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own
your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of
individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Software Development Quality Leader. Cummins Business Services is where you can work on industry leading IT projects such as, taking a leading role with Oracle Sales Configurator or other industry standard configurators.
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Provides comprehensive application functionality, configuration and support expertise for application software solutions; works with business analysts, architects, technical experts and software vendors on the solution requirements, design, configuration, functionality gap resolution, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the applications.
- Leads the analysis and evaluation of application functionality; provides recommendations to increase utilization of standard application functionality to improve business processes and capabilities
- Leads the determination and documentation of optimum application setup and configuration to meet functional requirements and specifications; configures and verifies complex application setup and configuration
- Remains current on emerging application and solution trends and functionality; provides functional expertise for assigned applications and systems.
- Leads analysis of potential application solutions, identifying and recommending solutions to address functionality gaps in the application.
Develops and maintains strong relationships with relevant vendors; works with vendors to improve application functionality and resolve difficult functionality issues
- Partners with process owners, business analysts, systems analysts and architects to gather, document and review functional, architecture and technical requirements and define application functional designs.
- Serves as subject matter expert and point of contact on content, processes, procedures and functionality associated with assigned applications for projects and application support (as needed).
- Leads the creation and management of functional specifications for a given project from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the program, application, or complete solution
- Educates, coaches, and trains new and existing team members to improve quality and efficiency in daily process of support requests.
- System Prototyping and Simulation - Able to conduct an early sample, model, or pre-release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.
- Requirement Analysis - The ability to understand requirements and trace them back to business goals/objectives. The ability to identify the relationships and interdependencies between requirements. The ability to prioritize requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
- System Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
- Solution Assessment & Validation - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Systems Analysis - Ability to apply a technique that composes or decomposes a system into its component pieces for the purpose of the studying how well those component parts that were designed (or purchased) and configured to work and interact holistically to accomplish their purpose.
- Organizational Awareness - Understands and works in line with the organization's mission, operations, structure, and goals; understands informal structures and processes of the organization; understands organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
- Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
5-7 years of experience
- Experience in Cloud Architecture, Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service is a must.
- Defining KPI's and monitoring and measuring performance metrics
- Managing full time Architects and contractors.
- Experience in Cloud Testing Frameworks and Tools for manual and automation testing is a must.
- Agile Software Development Methodology is a must.
- Experience in Java/JEE (v8 ), Linux Operating System (RHEL preferred), MYSQL, Hadoop, IBM stack - IBM IIB, IBM BigInsights, IBM Streams.
- Experience in Salesforce platform as a service (PaaS), Salesforce and Cloud integration, Salesforce and Datacenter Service Integration is preferred.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career
with Cummins today. NA
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: