|Job Ref:||2016-167011||Employer:||Keane Group||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:03|
Overview: At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.|
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Application and Testing Engineer to join our team in Falls Church, VA.
Position Functions or Responsibilities: Perform testing and verify all changes to custom applications prior to deployment on a portfolio of applications on .Net, Sharepoint, ColdFusion, Cognos and MS SQL platforms in an Agile development environment. The person in this role is expected to be a testing thought leader and identify, develop, and implement innovative test processes, practices, tools and frameworks. This role will be instrumental in creating a best in class testing capability and organization for the client. Responsibilities are
- Develop test plans, cases and scripts, and manage test artifacts/deliverables
- Log software defects in defect tracking tool (HP/ALM) and track to closure
- Lead software testing strategy, identify and implement improvements in testing methodologies and tools
- Review requirement documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Document and review plans, schedules, data needs and scenarios for end-to-end integration testing including areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
- Provide support during UAT testing phase including defect review and resolution
- Participate in application deployment and troubleshooting
- Participate in all aspects of the development life cycle and work closely with Project Managers and customers to advocate the timely delivery of quality software products
- Create metrics of test results for management and project stakeholders
- Verify application function following any changes in environment (e.g., S patch, DB Patch, Service pack, upgrade, etc..)
- Develop quality assurance standards
Additional Skills/Knowledge Needed:
- Knowledge of test tools and automation
- Technical Test Case Development and Execution experience required.
- A willingness to build relationships with business partners to improve risk mitigation through validation.
- Experience in and firm understanding of non-functional testing
Basic Qualifications: US Citizen and Clearable
Test Management - Test Strategy Creation
Test Case Development and Execution using automation scripts
Experience testing MS SQL environment and ability to develop SQL queries, .NET
Agile experience, solid understanding of SDLC, Release and configuration management
Th is is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit NA to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed