Job title: GSS Senior Technical Consultant/Solution Architect (HSP) |
Reporting to: GSS Manager
Direct reports: None
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark or Moscow, Russian Federation
Provide in-depth post-sales technical delivery capability to HDS customers throughout the Nordic region.
Be a centre of competence for HDS HSP Services and Solutions and have a detailed knowledge of all other HDS solutions.
Collaborate with other support functions to drive and deliver HDS HSP Product and Service revenues whilst maximising customer satisfaction.
Develop relationships with customers to ensure an appreciation of current and potential benefits available from HDS HSP products and services in their environment.
- Provide expertise on the best practice of deploying and integrating, converged server solutions
- Participate in the design, installation, implementation and documentation of new Hitachi solutions in the HSP space according to defined Statements of Work
- Participate in the design HDS solutions to represent the optimum technical solution for a customer's business applications.
- Develop deep expertise on Hitachi Products and current and emerging technologies as directed by manager, including achieving subject matter expertise (SME) status in specific products, services and technologies related to HSP environments.
- Understand a customer's IT environment and support account teams to deliver optimal solutions
- Support the Principal Consultant in designing a service and product solution based on the customer's business and technical requirements
- Participate in skills development and maintenance planning with Practice Principal
- Establish a dialogue with the customer to achieve trusted technical adviser status
- By request, accompany Account Managers and other members of sales teams on customer visits to Gather customer requirements; Increase services sales; Explain the services portfolio of the practice and its value to customers; Qualify services opportunities in the practice area and assist Account Managers in selecting the appropriate service to meet their customer's needs
- Deliver formal presentations of technical solutions to HDS customers and partners
- Understand and exploit customer's technical issues and align solutions to business need
- Advise on HSP industry wide technology and direction
- Demonstrable track record of successful solution delivery of HADOOP and/or Openstack
- At least five years' experience
- Proven ability to work in multi-skilled teams, including customer, third party, and Hitachi people
- Consultative and customer focused
- An understanding of the market conditions and requirements in the practice specialty area
- Practical 'hands on' experience of the delivery of services, knowledge of the techniques, sensitivities, and issues that arise. Knowledge of IT development processes and IT technologies
- Able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Experience with BI reporting, BI Analytics, Data Mining solutions
- Formal education
- Strong HADOOP and/or Openstack knowledge
- Technical aptitude to enable information about Hitachi products and services to be absorbed and applied to solve business problems
- Able to develop well-structured presentations with informative and well-presented information appropriate for the desired audience
- Personable - be able represent Hitachi positively to customers
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations
- Able to relate well to both customer business and technical staff
- Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to challenges.
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems
- An understanding of the commercial requirements of service delivery
- Fluent in spoken and written English and local language
- Certified HADOOP
- Certified Openstack
- Knowledge of HDS products and services