|Job Ref:||10312BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotland Region||Address:||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:05|
ESD is a joint venture between MWH, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water's Non Infrastructure Programme from 2015-2021. |
ESD will oversee the delivery of design and build projects throughout Scotland and the highlands for the client's water and wastewater treatment programme.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Ensure designs are completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
• Ensure a safe working environment for all staff
• Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Agree the design cost budget and monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
• Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
• Organising the work required and documenting it in the Design Management Plan
• Delivering the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
• Coordinating design outputs across all technical disciplines
• Preparing monthly project status reports
• Raising and resolution of technical queries
• Establish working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
• Experience in multidisciplinary process plant schemes
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
• Knowledge and experience of Off-Site construction techniques
• Interest & desire to be innovative
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
• Degree or equivalent qualification
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline as appropriate to grade
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)