|Job Ref:||017026||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 00:08|
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing the professional services delivery methodology for vRealize hybrid and private cloud solutions for enterprise customers. How to best utilize and enable customers to achieve success when deploying VMware virtualization and vRealize suite cloud automation software when used with converged infrastructure platforms from Hitachi Data Systems. You will lead the development of the professional services methodology and serviced delivery kits that support the successful deployment and adoption of HDS cloud solutions utilizing the vRealize Suite. vRealize Automation software simplifies and automates the deployment and ongoing management of virtual compute infrastructure, creating a secure cloud environment where virtual machines are provisioned, tracked and maintained from cradle to grave. The ideal candidate will have both excellent technical credentials and a friendly consultative approach to solving complex IT challenges helping customers deliver on critical business needs. This position is an integral part of the HDS Global Services team responsible for defining and developing cloud services delivery methodology and cloud solutions for HDS service delivery teams globally. This individual will work directly with the cloud portfolio services management team to architect and implement vRealize solutions for enterprise customers' infrastructure. The position requires an experienced professional services architect with a history of services development and/or a services delivery center of excellence; he or she will be responsible for identification of requirements and development, implementation planning and service delivery methodology, documentation and processes that formulate the foundation of the services delivery practices used worldwide by HDS.|
• 5 years of VMware services delivery experience, with at least 2 years in a professional services development. Preference is with vRealize 6.x and 7.x experience with a strong foundation of vCenter/vSphere. Must have hands on experience with deploying vRealize software as a minimum requirement in at least three successful customer engagements.
• Responsibility for all aspects of service delivery lifecycle methodology (e.g., plan, architecture & design, implement and build, operations, monitoring and support)
• Experience in managing performance and availability of mission critical applications, with a focus on virtualized environments. Replication and Data Protection background a plus.
• Significant enterprise scale project experience with the VMware vRealize Suite
• Knowledge of broader network infrastructure components (e.g. TCP/IP, Active Directory). NSX experience or other software defined networking experience a plus.
• A firm understanding of service development, including process and methodology development, development of service delivery documentation, training personnel once the services kits are finalized.
• Experience with the VMware Solution Enablement Toolkits (SETS) for Software Defined Data Center and Cloud Automation.
• Programming/Scripting skills preferred (e.g. Java, Perl, shell, SQL)
• Enterprise applications experience and knowledge of industry standards related to IT service management (ITIL, ITSM).
• Ability to be a strong team player, individual contributor and mentor
• A Bachelor-level degree or higher in a relevant discipline is preferred.
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or other relevant certifications are preferred
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality deliverables.
• Candidate should possess strong documentation and communications skills
• The ability to travel to and work onsite at customer locations 50% of the business week