|Job Ref:||8491||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
This position supports the Groton Operation's Administration and Analysis group. As the Supervisor of this group, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Administrative functions associated with the Groton Operations Organization. Duties will consist of supervising and coordinating the administrative staff to efficiently perform the functional responsibilities as follows: |
• Manage the daily activities of ten (12) salary and hourly employees.
• Provide administrative support to Director of Operations and the Operations Manager assigned to Overhaul&Repair work.
• Coordinate Groton Operations workforce hiring activity. Maintain hiring metrics.
• Coordinate Groton Operations workforce reductions and recalls. Prepare reduction and recall memorandums for the Director and Vice President of Operations approval. Maintain accurate records of reductions and recalls. Coordinate all trades hiring, reductions and recalls with Human Resources and Manpower Planning personnel.
• Conduct weekly meetings with Human Resources Staffing and Training groups.
• Monitor training attendance and training delinquencies. Track critical skills progression/age demographics for Operations departments.
• Prepare Salary Performance Appraisal Reviews.
• Prepare POs for Vendor services.
• Maintain Organization charts, Operations Dashboard metrics, ODDs, Nuclear Trades Resources Plan, training budgets, volunteer list for storm events.
• Establish and maintain business metrics for the Director of Operations.
• Prepare quarterly Business Briefing for Operations Director.
• Act as liaison between Human Resources, Accounts Payable and Department Administrators to resolve outstanding Travel Cash Advances.
• Resolve general personnel issues.
• This position requires a strong interface with various Shipyard Organizations and levels of Management, Trades personnel and MTC Union Leadership.