|Job Ref:||8565||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
The Process Engineering Organization provides mission-critical support to EB leadership and the functional organizations by developing and managing the organization's improvement strategies, executing improvement initiatives, mentoring and supporting employees in executing improvement, and measuring the impact of an organization's improvement activities|
Selected MDA applicants will remain in their current job title. Selected candidates will be responsible for the application of Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles to investigate, analyze and facilitate process change directly resulting in reduced costs and lead times within the final assembly and test areas at Groton.
The selected applicants will receive extensive training and certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Change Leadership in support of improvement Electric Boat's business processes.
• Assist organizations in identifying, planning, and implementing Process Improvements and Lean Six Sigma Projects and ensure they align with company objectives
• Lead teams on projects to improve safety and quality, reduce cost, and improve schedule performance
• Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in the organization
• Work with leadership and employees on applying Lean and Six Sigma approaches to help achieve process excellence;
• Provide mentorship to employees when leading change;
• Identify and eliminate the barriers that prevent successful attainment of companys improvement goals
• Train other Black Belts in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
Selected candidates will demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision and in a team environment. Candidates must be capable of combining assertive initiative with professional discipline to accomplish challenging tasks, and work as Change Agents to remove barriers that hinder change.