Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Representative (French or Spanish) to join our team in Toronto.
To provide responsive technical customer support to resolve product functionality issues on the core introductory DSC product line.
- Complete initial product training and demonstrate sufficient product knowledge and understanding to assist call-in customers.
- Respond to customer’s queries regarding routine technical issues in a timely, friendly, professional manner. Determine the nature and likely causes of the issue and recommend corrective action.
- Follows up as required with customers to ensure problems were resolved and/or recommend further action to ensure non-recurrence and customer satisfaction.
- Escalate inquiries or issues that cannot be resolved to senior team members and/or department manager.
- Report all suspected product issues immediately to a senior support staff or manager.
- Follows and ensures workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines compliance.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
Ed ucation and Experience:
- Technical Diploma, Bachelors degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- 1 to 2 (minimum) experience in a technical support related role.
- Experience in dealing with hardware and software issues.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the core product line.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Self motivated, takes initiative to resolve issues.
- Ability to problem solve through analysis of a situation, where there are a variety of variables
- Bilingual in French or Spanish
Physical Demand and Working conditions:
- Computers, interactive communication tools, multi-meter.
- Occasional visual concentration in use of video display terminal.
- Some levels of stress associated with customer service role.
- Shift work required to provide customer support to all markets.
- Ability to work varying shifts from 8:00 am – 9:00 pm and Saturday shift as required.
Position Reports to: Manager, Technical Support Operations