Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To manage, collate and update, in an approved format, all the local Facility Management records. This includes, but is not limited to, information held on computer databases, drawings, handbooks, statutory inspection certificates, asbestos register, property files, Inspection Reports, Data Packs, Theatre Infrastructure Plans (TIPs), H&S Files and handover documentation.
To manage the assets and records within MAXIMO for the ISP contract, ensure compliance to the client's latest specification. Ensure that all changes to asset's statuses (instigated by DIO) are captured, the required approvals are obtained from the client and the Additions/Omissions Register is updated accordingly as per the ISP Contract.
This Job Description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
- To work under the functional direction of the Estates Requirement Manager, working in partnership with the General / Deputy Managers.
- To manage the Estate Technical Libraries and the estate data and records produced as a result of the operation of the ISP contract.
- To act as the focal point/coordinator for the Librarians (librarian duties currently carried out by the team).
- To develop and organize the existing data available in the Estate Data Libraries to ensure that records are maintained to policies and procedures, they are easily retrievable, kept in a well-organized manner to achieve efficiency, and updated as per contract requirements.
- To continuously maintain the Master Index, which is a complete listing of all the Facility Management records and advise the client monthly of all amendments made.
- To control and manage all existing drawings. As-built drawings and new infrastructure drawings are numbered consistently, archived and easily retrieved, ensure that all drawings are produced to the approved policy.
- To control and manage all reports produced as a result of Schedule A & B professional appraisals, inspections, risk assessments and condition surveys; and all other reports produced as part of the ISP contract.
- To link all statutory inspection certificates resulting from the competent person inspections to the system.
- To ensure all handover documentation, Operational manuals for Works Services throughout the contract are obtained as soon as practically as possible after handover / beneficial use of the asset.
- For Works Projects undertaken outside of the PC ISP the handover documentation will be passed to PC ISP to curate.
- Following the receipt of Handover Documentation, to update and/or replace the existing records and revise the Master Index as necessary within 4 weeks of any change.
- To produce, update and review the Contract Data Packs. Updating is to be undertaken within one month of any significant change. On request to produce the Data Packs in hard and electronic copies in a format to be agreed by the client. (Deliverable 24).
- To advise your functional / line manager of additional, specialist support needed outside the competence or capability of the in-house document control section.
- To provide assistance as required as directed by your management team to staff supporting any works activity, within the discipline and competence.
- To substitute temporarily for other works staff in other locations included in the ISP Contract, as directed by the your management team (Estates Requirements Manager / Deputy Manager).
- To Setup an Asbestos Recording, Management and Reporting System and to train the Asbestos Inspector and Data Input clerks to the new system.
- To complete reconciliation of any client directive of the asset data base to ensure compliance with client and business systems Asset Register.
- To capture the changes of status of assets (demolitions/decommissioning/New Assets), obtain DIO approval on Form 189 or other approved format and amend the Asset Register.
- To set up Level 3 and 4 Assets for New Buildings that are added into the contract, as identified by the Site Engineers. To amend the existing Level 3 and 4 Assets following modifications to building Systems.
- To ensure that the Asset Level 2 Site Plans indicating Level 2 Assets are amended when Assets are demolished or constructed. Major amendment to be effected following the Asset Verification exercise.
- To amend the Adds and Omits Register to include the assets that are demolished, or decommissioned, or New-build assets, or addition of existing Assets into the Contract. Ensure the commercial manager has a regular up dated report (monthly) (The maintaining of the Adds and Omits Register is a joint responsibility with Commercial).
- To undertake the Task of Digitisation of Buried Services Drawings and keep the Digitised Drawings up-to-date following major changes to services networks.
- To continuously liaise with DIO, client staff for the on-going management of the asset register, the structure of the asset register data and the issue of Asset Register Reports as required.
- To develop training to ensure that all IDL/ suppliers sections (Schedule A, B, C, Ste Engineers) understand the input / output requirements in relations to assets.
What we are looking for
- Experience from a technical surveying perspective, demonstrating significant understanding of the built environment.
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of strategic and operational management of asset management systems including the implementation of these
- Clear and demonstrable knowledge of Health and Safety legislation pertaining to the construction industry including CDM
- In depth building diagnosis and fault finding experience.
- Demonstrable experience of stock condition survey program and line management of surveyors.
- Ability to analyse and analyze detailed technical reports so that they can be utilised across the management team and by other internal business partners.
- Clear understanding of program planning and project management principles to support delivery of extensive works programs
- Demonstrable experience of leadership of a similar function and scale of operation.
- Excellent communication skills, written, IT, verbal and presentation
- Proven ability to delegate effectively
- Significant budget planning, reporting and management
- Experience of successful management of technical and professional staff and consultants
- Familiarity with and competence in the use of IT systems including MS Excel and MS Word
- Construction project management knowledge and application
- Excellent Building Surveying management skills
- Experience of working at a similar level within an local or public authority, or private practice, involved in the management of the surveying function.
- Degree or equivalent through experience or qualification in role related subject
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- CIOB / CIBS / RICS / NA qualification in property surveying facilities management
Number of direct reports if applicable - Building Surveyors / inspectors - Addministration support
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
Funcinality Asset Managers role draft NA Funcinality Asset Managers role draft NA