Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
We are currently recruiting for a Building Services Technical Manager to provide MEP design management and MEP design coordination. This includes managing the design process relative to the MEP installation, sub-contract/supply chain design and to provide design and technical support to the construction site team. You will work with our teams through various stages including bidding, preconstruction, construction, commissioning and aftercare.
- Where applicable manage/assist in the production of the Contractors proposals, ensuring they are complete, unambiguous, and have been reviewed by the bid team, and have been updated to include all post tender negotiations;
- Assist with the production of project specific designer agreements (using the company standard format), except where novation agreements already exist, scope of services and the design management plan ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties;
- Assist the Design Manager, by provision of technical advice, to produce, agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements;
- Assist and support the project team to manage the services issues on site with, where appropriate, the assistance of other site based resource implementing the management procedures to ensure the timely production of information;
- Ensure that all services design and installation deliverables are reviewed to establish they are within budget, are fully coordinated and are buildable;
- Review the services design with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction;
- Review Contract Documents, making suggestions/modifications as they relate to the MEP trades;
- Ownership and development of tender project method statements, programmes, prelim overhead analysis, risk schedules (technical and commercial), in liaison and with support from other departments;
- Prepare and assist with technical and commercial submissions;
- Understand the clients brief, ER's, specification and drawings (but specifically the MEP elements) and as far as practicable ensure the project is built accordingly, assisting in the resolution of any ER discrepancies with the commercial team as they arise;
- Liaise with the Document Control Team to ensure information portals / systems protocols are maintained and developed in line with Interserve's processes;
- Prepare trackers to manage the MEP build process as required with the construction team.
- Assist in the preparation of the Design Responsibility Matrix (DRM);
- Review consultant Design Risk Assessments;
- Assist in the development of the procurement schedule and be actively involved in the procurement process for all of the MEP packages commencing with the Consultant Appointments;
- Chair and manage MEP design team meetings including production and issue of minutes in a timely manner;
- Provide value engineering and buildability reviews with technical feedback for bidding and construction;
- Understand the full requirements of BREEAM and manage the process through our appointed consultants;
- Develop sub-contractors and Suppliers design/specs with the design team ensuring that full ER and Statutory compliance is met;
- Co-ordinate drawings and check that the drawings comply with the ER's and Standards;
- Liaise with Statutory Service Providers to ensure accurate utility applications are made, processed and managed;
- Be actively involved with the sampling process including the production of the samples sign off pro-forma;
- Be actively involved with site QA particularly at the commencement of a new activity to ensure that we are building to and installing components and details as prescribed in the ER's. Make arrangements for the suppliers technical / QA staff to be in attendance so they can sign off the control samples;
- Produce/co-ordinate the Testing & Commissioning Plan and manage the information flow to ensure visibility of requirements;
- Assist in the production and collation of the O & M manuals in a timely manner, ensuring Test & Commissioning certificates and 'As builts' are produced;
- To ensure submissions remain ahead of competitors, developing winning proposals that balance client needs; legal, commercial and operational risk and target margins;
- Liaise with clients in order to develop successful relationships and 'Added-Value' through continuous development, innovative, best practice techniques;
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Line Manager;
Knowledge skills & experience
- To be successful in the role you will be an effective communicator with a positive, passionate and engaging approach when supporting and educating the business;
- You will have an excellent ability to use management systems, and have good planning skills;
- You will hold as minimum a HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Building Services Manager to work from our office in Leicester. This role is offered on a full time/permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
Due to the nature of the work for this role the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service.