|Job Ref:||017386||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||San Diego||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 00:07|
Global Support Escalation Specialist - Job Description This position is a customer facing Converged Solutions escalation support role. Candidate will provide timely and professional technical support to HDS customers and partners in an enterprise support environment. A successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of operating systems, compute, networking, public/private/hybrid cloud, and storage technologies. The candidate will also be involved in a variety of technical issues pertaining to storage hardware, SAN, NAS, database, application, and operating systems including VMware, SUSE, RedHat, and Microsoft. |
Candidate will be a critical member of a small and highly skilled global team working closely with HDS and partner engineering. Candidate will provide centralized technical support to help internal and external users implement and maintain successful solutions using HDS UCP, including HDS Compute, Data Networks, and Storage product lines.
• The L2 support specialist is a recognized UCP expert and technical lead during UCP service request interactions. Primary areas of expertise shall include operating system, networking, compute and storage as it pertains to converged infrastructure and their use in Public, Private and Hybrid could applications.
• Develop and provide accurate and creative solutions for customer issues resulting in a timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on customer satisfaction.
• Create and present to customers documentation on technical problems, troubleshooting steps, recommendations and action plans.
• Contribute to Technical Knowledge Base by creating tech tips, product alerts, and other content for the HDS Customer Portal.
• Develop and provide technical coaching and mentoring to other support center specialists.
• Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of the global support center .
• Act as a product liaison for major products, working with other corporate departments and 3rd party developers to solve technical issues.
• Communicate with management team on "critical" issues requiring immediate attention.
• Stay current on emerging converged architecture and cloud technologies, the UCP development roadmap and other industry issues that impact Hitachi Data Systems solution positioning and troubleshooting.
• Attend on going training to keep technical skills up to date, particularly with respect to VMware, MSFT, Unix, Brocade FC/IP, Cisco FC/IP, Compute, Storage, and with converged infrastructure and application solutions.
• Able to perform shift work to include nights, weekends, and on-call standby. Shift rotations adjust based on primary need for the HDS customer base at any given point in time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin,
ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic
information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
• Degree or equivalent formal education and/or working experience.
• A minimum of 5 years experience with a post-sales support of enterprise class solutions including servers, network, SAN, storage and virtualization technologies including installation, diagnostics, performance, and troubleshooting.
• A good knowledge of Public/Private/Hybrid cloud technologies.
• The candidate will have an aptitude for providing positive customer service and good communication, problem solving, and technical writing skills.
• Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as be able to take ownership when faced with challenging situations.
• Ability to relate and communicate effectively with client technologists and management when required.
• Ethical and honest in all respects.
• Willingness to travel to customer sites, other HDS offices, or training facilities when required.
• Willingness to perform shift work to include nights, weekends, and on-call standby. Shift rotations adjust based on primary need for the HDS customer base at any given point in time.
• Job is located in HDS San Diego support facility.
This role requires a comprehensive set of technical skills as the role is responsible for delivering problem resolution and is expected to be a subject matter expert.
• Strong leadership, influencing, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external customers, peers and within leaders.
• Strong applied technical knowledge of converged infrastructure architecture and virtualization technologies with relevant compute, networking, and storage experience.
• Strong preference for candidates experienced with one or multiple of the following: SAP, Oracle, VMware and MS Hyper-V.
• Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
• Organized and adaptable clear thinker with a tolerance for ambiguity.
• Willingness to accept responsibility and take ownership when required due to circumstances presented.
• Able to establish and demonstrate technical credibility with customers and partners.
• Confident and self-reliant, but able to work as a team member, demonstrating clear commitment to team objectives.