Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid |
Manage projects from contract award through to completion; reporting to either a Site Agent or Project Manager depending on the value and complexity of project and personal experience/ability.
To ensure the successful completion of projects for Interserve in accordance with quality, safety and environmental procedures of the business, whilst maintaining and improving client relationships and working with the team to achieve financial success of the project.
- Participate in team development for the benefit of the individuals and the company. Emphasis on team culture to create an environment where motivation and morale is high and earn respect of team members to gain their commitment and support that ensures their optimum input in the project;
- Preparation, monitoring and implementation of Quality planning and controls for various activities within live projects to ensure project compliance with the Specification and the Company Policies for Quality, Safety and Environmental issues;
- Investigation and preparation of requisitions for plant and materials within tender allowances including taking off of quantities from drawings or direct site measurement;
- Interpreting construction information from drawings and specifications etc and ensuring the information is communicated to the particular site operations;
- Management of and/or assistance to site Engineers, involving the effective delegation of tasks to team members;
- Management of and/or implementation of site setting out and checking regime generally undertaken by the site Engineers. May include interpretation of survey data gathered;
- Methodology selection and preparation of Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments, permits to work. Monitoring of implementation of procedures on site;
- Create and maintain records of work done and site activities including as built records, diaries and allocation sheets;
- Manage subcontractor operations and coordination including meetings;
- Maintain and develop client relationships for ensuring a successful outcome on completion and enhancing opportunities for securing repeat work;
- Proactive approach to the environment and customer care of all the stakeholders involved in a project - promotion of positive image of the Interserve name to protect and promote the brand name;
- With training, undertake planning and checking role for temporary works in accordance with company procedures;
- With training, plan and prepare lift plans in accordance with company procedures;
- The exact tasks will vary according to the nature of the project and the scope of work. On a large project the tasks will be shared among team members reporting to a site based manager. On a smaller project the Sub Agent would be performing most of these tasks directly, reporting directly to a visiting manager.
Knowledge skills & experience
ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE ESSENTIAL UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
- Civil Engineering/Building qualification Construction Management (essential);
- Site managers CSCS card;
- Civil Engineering Qualification HNC / HND / Degree level;
- Chartered status or approaching (desirable);
- SMSTS (5 day) (desirable);
- First Aid at Work (4 day) (desirable);
- National Water Hygene card (desirable);
- Evidence of relevant post graduation practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Form of Contracts, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H & S Management e.t.c;
- Has held a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor for a sustained period (essential);
- Experience of working within the Water Treatment and/or Highways sector is highly desirable.
- Proven experience from engineering background demonstrating progress to Sub Agent through career development with both theoretical and practical experience.
INTERSERVE CORE VALUES;
- Confident; Enthusiastic; Personable;
- Innovative, creative thinker;
- Awareness of quality and environmental practices within the business environment;
- Good communicator orally/written;
- Ability to make decisions to enable project to progress;
- technical / practical approach to problem solving;
- Good team player;
- Knowledge of the construction process;
- Sound safety theoretical and practical knowledge/experience;
- Holds a UK driving licence;
- Good practical knowledge of site setting out, control and checking.
- Do the right thing;
- Everyone has a voice;
- Take pride in what you do;
- Bring better to life.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment and facilities management services for society's infrastructure. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for a highly experienced Sub Agent to cover our operations in the South West. This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.