the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The EMC/HIRF/Lightning Senior Engineering Specialist in the Q400 Product Engineering Department is responsible for coordinating all technical aspects of assigned design projects, provide technical support to the production line, and to assist Customer Support with resolution of in-service problems and customer requests. We are looking for an assertive, knowledgeable individual, with good leadership abilities. This permanent full time position with benefits (including Health, Dental, Pension, and Disability insurance); is based out of our Toronto office. ( 123 Garratt Blvd. Toronto, Ontario M3k 1Y5 Canada) .
In your role, you will:
- Review and approve design documents such as vendor drawings, test procedures, qualification reports and certification documents
- Prepare / define system specifications and requirements
- Prepare technical reports to show compliance to the applicable certification requirements
- Coordinate investigation and corrective action of specific in-service problems involving various systems and components and any continuing airworthiness issues
- Provide technical solutions to the field and production lines
- Supervise / coordinate the work and mentoring of less experienced Engineers in the department
- Perform Lightning Hazard Assessment.
- Determine aircraft structure, systems and components safety classifications and make a Lightning Hazard Assessment to review the design of the aircraft and its systems and components to identify lightning direct effects and their potential hazards
- Determine the lightning strike zones for aircraft and establish the lightning environment associated with the zones
- Approach to Compliance for HIRF Protection of Electrical/Electronic Systems by i dentifying the systems to be assessed based on failure condition classification and system HIRF certification level for the appropriate HIRF regulations.
- The salary range for this position is 100,000 - 124,000.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- You have a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering. A Masters Degree in Aerospace would be an asset.
- You have a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant Engineering experience in Electromagnetics.
- You are familiar with design, qualification and certification test requirements of aircraft EMC /HIRF /Lightning.
- You are familiar with aircraft and system level technical requirements for Electromagnetic Compatibility, High Intensity Radiated Fields, Lightning Strike, Precipitation Static and Electrostatic Discharge
- You are familiar with Transport Canada, FAA and EASA Airworthiness Regulations, certifications and Advisory Materials pertaining to Lightning Protection, High Intensity Radiated Fields, Electromagnetic Interference, Precipitation Static and Electrostatics.
- You have strong integration skills, in both system partner management and system technical integration
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office software tools
- The position may require travel to Flight Test, Vendor or Operator sites.
- Knowledge of Bombardier systems, business process and Achieving Excellence System (AES). Working Experience with Bombardier Aerospace considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of the Q400 program, structure and operations
- You are familiar with relevant industry standards and supporting documentation including RTCA/DO-160 and SAE ARP documentation related to Lightning Protection, High Intensity Radiated Fields, Precipitation Static, Electrostatics and Electromagnetic Interference.
- You have excellent organizational and planning skills, you are able to set priorities in order to achieve important milestones
- You have strong communication skills (English); are able to communicate at all levels of the organization and to all levels of our customer and representative organizations
- You have strong customer orientation
- You are able to make decisions, which may involve others from various functions in order to exceed our customer's needs
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.