|Job Ref:||37831||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. UTAS design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of ~$14 billion. |
Engine Control Services provides a full suite of aftermarket service including, maintenance repair, overhaul, investigation, spares distribution, customer support, AOG, technical support on Hydromechanical & Electronic fuel control systems, primarily for Rolls Royce Engines.
The position is a senior level management position within Engine Control Services responsible for leading the strategic and operational activities for maintenance, repair and overhaul including quality, cost and delivery.
Engine Control Services, HQ in Birmingham has two European facilities, and a network of global affiliates, internal and third party, that support a wide variety of customer globally.
The Head of MRO will be responsible for leading and directing the MRO teams and managing performance of our internal and external affiliates based in Dubai, Singapore & Xiamen, China and North America.
Summary of Role:
Responsible for managing and driving results for all areas of operations, the incumbent will direct and coordinate activities, both strategic and tactical in line with procedure and operational objectives.
• Ensure the execution and daily management of the MRO operations to ensure delivery of superior service regularly exceeding contractual customers' expectations.
• To drive continuous improvement in the operational processes, systems and policies in pursuit of the organisations mission to be the best aerospace systems for the world
• To motivate subordinates, driving productivity and engagement whilst ensuring compliance to internal procedures.
• To plan and determine resource requirements in pursuit of the organisations strategic goals and footprint
• To ensure we maintain a safe and healthy working environment by enforcing a culture of hazard elimination and safety promotion, ensuring compliance to all EH&S goals and objectives.
• Develop strategic plans for new programs, Out of Production activity and footprint to support global customers' needs.
• Ensure capacity and capability are continually planned in order to meet agreed customer requirements OTIF, utilising Sales & Ops Planning Process
• Responsible for delivering all budgeted targets, including sales, EBIT, cash, working capital, capital investment and continuous development of margin improvement in all areas.
• Recognised as the regulatory Accountable Manager for the main operating site, ensuring that the organisation complies with all internal and regulatory requirements
• Work cohesively with the senior leadership team and perform other such duties as required by the General Manager.
The following experience is determined as beneficial:
• Strong aftermarket experience gained within an aerospace environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrable change management experience
• Demonstrable leadership and vision when managing large groups of employees and projects concurrently
• A collaborative management style with demonstrable employee engagement strategies
• Budgetary management experience
• Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills
• The ability to delegate responsibility effectively
• Experience of operating within a CI driven environment
• Prior large scale management experience in a trade union environment.
• Degree level educated (or equivalent)
• Prior large scale management experience
• Analytical, fact based problem solver
• A commitment to continuous improvement
• The ability to work in fast paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
• Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
Degree level educated or equivalent